The beginning of 2024 brings a fresh opportunity to create a living environment that not only looks good but feels good — fostering a lifestyle that’s both happier and healthier.
Our homes are more than just physical structures; they’re the backdrop to our daily lives — influencing our moods, productivity, and overall well-being. This year, why not make resolutions that go beyond the usual fitness and career goals, and extend to the very spaces we inhabit?
Upgrade your windows to improve your home’s insulation
A warm home is a happy home. Make a New Year’s resolution to replace drafty windows. Energy-efficient windows are better insulated and can save you up to 12% annually on your energy bills. Plus, new windows increase your home’s value and marketability when it’s time to sell. This value-add paired with off-season installation savings can make replacing your home’s windows one of the smartest investments you’ll make all year.
Boost your productivity with spring cleaning and decluttering
Over the years, you’ve accumulated a surplus of personal belongings: home decor, spare linens, and duplicate kitchenware. While collecting things can make a house a home, too much stuff can decrease your productivity and negatively impact your overall well-being. Seize on the spring cleaning spirit and declutter your living space following these top tips:
- Declutter one room at a time.
- Designate a “maybes” box, and set a reminder to go through the box in a few months to make the final cuts.
- Check the expiration date on products and perishable goods and throw out expired items.
- Review your wardrobe seasonally and donate or toss any unwanted garments.
Believe it or not, a decluttered, organized home can help you progress towards your other New Year’s resolutions like saving money and living a healthier lifestyle. For instance, a deep clean creates a healthier environment by removing dust and other irritants from the air that cause allergies. Decluttering also helps you save money as you rediscover forgotten items and avoid buying duplicates.
Boost curb appeal to make better first impressions
Often New Year’s resolutions revolve around improving our personal presentation, so why not channel that resolution into your home by upgrading your curb appeal? A beautiful exterior welcomes guests to your home and attracts buyers when it’s time to sell. These low-cost upgrades will freshen up your curb appeal in just one month:
- Mow your lawn: If it’s been a while since you last landscaped, hire a professional to wrangle your yard into a state that’s easier for you to maintain throughout the year. Our research estimates that landscaping can add an average of $7,312 to your sale price, yielding a 112% return on investment.
- Invest in new outdoor furniture: During the pandemic, we cherished our private outdoor spaces where we could spend time mask-free and stress-free. That still holds true today, with 63% of American homeowners saying they would prioritize investing in outdoor living spaces. Jump on the bandwagon, and add an outdoor furniture set to your front porch.
- Replace your garage door: Not only will a new garage door give your home a facelift, but this upgrade also adds value to your home and recoups 102.7% of project costs.
With these New Year resolutions, you are set to have a great year. Reach out to us at Xtreme Home Products to help with all your exterior needs in 2024. We look forward to working with you. We serve Statesville, Troutman, Asheville, Hendersonville, Winston Salem, Taylorsville, Hickory, Denver, Sherrills Ford, Mooresville, Newton, Concord, Davidson, Huntersville, Cornelius, Lincolnton, Charlotte, and surrounding areas.